Andersons Creek Primary School is committed to providing a safe and respectful learning environment where bullying will not be tolerated.
The purpose of this policy is to:
- explain the definition of bullying so that there is shared understanding amongst all members of the Andersons Creek Primary School community
- make clear that no form of bullying at Andersons Creek Primary School will be tolerated
- outline the strategies and programs in place at Andersons Creek Primary School to build a positive school culture and prevent bullying behaviour
- ask that everyone in our school community be alert to signs and evidence of bullying behaviour, and understands the importance of reporting bullying behaviour to school staff
- ensure that all reported incidents of bullying are appropriately investigated and addressed
- ensure that support is provided to students who may be affected by bullying behaviour (including targets, bystanders, witnesses and students engaging in bullying behaviour)
- seek parental and peer group support in addressing and preventing bullying behaviour at Andersons Creek Primary School.
When responding to bullying behaviour, Andersons Creek Primary School aims to:
- be proportionate, consistent and responsive
- find a constructive solution for everyone
- stop the bullying from happening again
- restore the relationships between the students involved.
Andersons Creek Primary School acknowledges that school staff owe a duty of care to students to take reasonable steps to reduce the risk of reasonably foreseeable harm, which can include harm that may be caused by bullying behaviour.